Invisalign Teen is a revolutionary way to straighten your adolescent’s teeth without the hassle of traditional metal braces. Invisalign utilizes a system of clear, removable aligner trays that are custom fit to your teen. The aligners are worn over the teeth and changed for a new set every two weeks. Over time, your teen’s teeth move into place, resulting in a beautiful, straight smile. If you are considering Invisalign Teen, make sure you learn the facts.
- With proper use, Invisalign is capable of treating mild to more extreme orthodontic problems. This includes underbite, overbite, gaps, and excessive crowding.
- Because they are removable, Invisalign allows your teen the flexibility to play sports without worrying about damaging the appliance. Musicians are also able to play their instruments without wires and brackets getting in the way.
- Your teen can continue to enjoy favorite foods with Invisalign, unlike traditional braces that come with a long list of foods that should be avoided.
- Invisalign aligners are easily removed for cleaning and tooth brushing and flossing.
- The normal treatment time is approximately the same or less as with metal braces, but will depend largely on the condition of your teen’s teeth.
- For optimal results in the least amount of time, it is recommended that your teen wears the Invisalign aligners 20-22 hours per day. Invisalign Teen has a built-in indicator that alerts your orthodontist if the aligners are being worn the minimum about of time required.
- Your teen will enjoy less time at the orthodontist’s office with Invisalign. Traditional braces require routine adjustment and also often have broken brackets and wires that need repair. With Invisalign, your teen only needs an office visit every 4-6 weeks.
- Most adolescents who need orthodontics are candidates for treatment with Invisalign. Your teen should be evaluated by an orthodontist who is a qualified Invisalign provider.
Contact your orthodontist to find out if treatment with Invisalign Teen is offered so your child can start enjoying the benefits of a perfect new smile.
If you live in the Louisville area contact us today